Thursday, January 4, 2018

Daddy-Daughter Camping Trip

This fall, the girls from Ava's soccer team and their dads set off for a camping trip to Camp Classen in Oklahoma. They left early on Saturday morning, and we gave all the dads instructions to send us lots of photos.

Ava was so excited, and I think Josh was even more so. 


The girls started their adventure by decorating walking sticks.


Then it was time for the big hike. 


How cute are these sweet girls?!









We all assumed it would be a nice, leisurely hike. However, it was a legit climb!



Proud team at the top of the mountain. 



After the hike, it was time for a little fishing. 


Ava did her Grampsie proud by catching more than anyone else.




They rounded out the day's activities with some horseback riding.




Finally, it was time to retire to their campsite (aka two bunk bed-filled cabins).


The group ended the night with s'mores. As one should. 



These two had so much fun, and returned home all-smiles after a pit-stop for burgers and fries.


I foresee many more camping trips in this group's future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive