Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Thanksgiving 2017

Since Ava's school was closed the entire week of Thanksgiving this year, we headed down to Austin to hang with my family for a few days before continuing the trip down I35 to celebrate the holiday in San Antonio with Josh's family. And it was such a fun week!

While I worked from the Austin office one day, my Dad treated the kids to some classic Austin outings: Peter Pan Putt Putt followed by Sandy's burgers and shakes. They absolutely loved it.





I also got to enjoy a lovely night out with old friends. The food was amazing, and the company even better. Clark's also has half-priced bottles of wine on Sunday nights, and as you can see by the comparison shot below, we took full advantage :).
Josh met up with us in San Antonio on Thursday morning, and we had a wonderful Thanksgiving with his parents and Aunt Jeanne. 

Somehow this is the only photo I managed to take, but it's a keeper. I am very thankful for these two handsome boys.


On Friday morning, Josh's parents kindly took over kid duty so Josh and I could enjoy a wonderful staycation as a late anniversary celebration. 

We started with brunch and a few cocktails at Ocho. I first enjoyed this beautiful spot on Hannah's bachelorette weekend, and wanted to take Josh. 



After brunch, we enjoyed the gorgeous weather and burned off some of the calories by walking down the Riverwalk to our hotel. 

Hotel Emma, which is built in the former Pearl Brewery and serves as the cornerstone of the hip new area of the Riverwalk, is absolutely gorgeous and totally lived up to its hype. The decor, amenities, restaurants, and service were all spectacular!




We spent the afternoon exploring the fun Pearl-area shops, with a stop for some drinks and snacks along the way.


Before dinner, we stopped by the Library Bar, which is reserved for hotel guests (and everyone gets one free drink). I officially want one in my house.



Then we met up with some friends for drinks in the gorgeous Sternewirth bar followed by a fabulous dinner at Supper (I'm still dreaming about those salt-and-vinegar brussels sprouts). It was such a wonderful way to cap off our fun staycation day.


Meanwhile, the kids had a fun-filled day with Grammie and Papa in San Antonio, complete with a trip to a nearby aquarium. 





They had a blast and also had zero problem falling fast asleep that night. Huge shout-out to Grammie and Papa for giving these parents the night off!


After sleeping in a bit on Saturday morning, Josh and I enjoyed a delicious room-service breakfast. 




After checking out, we picked up our happy little munchkins and headed back to reality...aka a super long drive back to Dallas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive