Friday, January 5, 2018

Friday Night Photo Dump | July - September 2017

The end of our summer and beginning of fall was a whirlwind of activity, including a trip to POC,   the start of kindergarten, and BB's memorial. These are the beautiful in-between moments.

Two thumbs-up for Black's Bar-B-Que during our road trip back from the coast.


I love spending time with old friends when I am down in Austin.


When Dad takes you to get your hair cut. 


With my girls on a lovely Friday night. 


All smiles at her first dentist appointment. 


The "Ridiculous Sausage Sandwich" met its match.


Buy one get one free.


Wedding party fun. 



 This boy is baseball obsessed. 


Sometimes we get these sweet sibling moments. 


This photo kills me. Josh looks so pretty with a mini-pony tail. 


Playroom fort goals.


Josh and his buddies took a fun (understatement) trip to Vegas and LA for the UT/USC game. 






Ry traded his last paci in for this firetruck.


Go Rangers!


I didn't have the heart to tell this sweet boy that he wouldn't be catching any balls up in the nosebleeds. 


But then, due to the kindness of a stranger, Rylan got his ball. A group of Army veterans were sitting in the row behind us, and upon seeing Ry with his glove in the air, one of the vets selflessly gave up the ball that he was presented with by the team before the game. It is now framed in Rylan's room, and we will ensure he knows the story as he grows up. Love.


Ava's last day of preschool was way harder on me than her first day of kindergarten. 


There may be nothing sweeter than watching your husband soothe your son to sleep.


Future shoe designer. 



Ava has also mastered the braid.


My pantry organization before and after. Make my Type-A heart so happy.



Kindergarten meet-the-teacher night is even better with sno cones.


And speaking of Kindergarten, this is pure #truth.


Such a fun Labor Day weekend with family.
Moms never get to pee in peace. 


Picking up this sweet girl from school is one of the highlights of my day.


Good hair days must be documented. 


A new talent. 


Ready to fight monsters in his sleep.


Grampsie's 60th birthday lunch.


Followed by snail hunting at his house.


And finally, what happens when cousins who are rarely in the same city drink a wee bit too much after their grandfather's memorial. And for the record, if he were there, BB would have been laughing, drinking (the strong gin and tonics), and dancing right along with us. 





(Dean was a llama. Clearly.)



#GreenOnions #AlbumCover


I'm so glad this has been documented for future reference ;).


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive