Monday, May 21, 2018

Spring Break 2018

Before heading to San Antonio for our family photoshoot, we made a pitstop in Austin for dinner with my family and some baby snuggles.


Then Josh had to return to Dallas for work, so the kids and I enjoyed a week filled with classic Austin activities.

We walked around Lady Bird Lake and fed the ducks (and swans, and fish, and turtles).




We also enjoyed a fabulous Tex-Mex meal at Maudie's.


The most Austiny activity of all was our visit to a family friendly SXSW show at the Midway, which is a fun outdoor venue close to my mom's house complete with a playground and food trucks. 


There were four acts, and we caught two of them, including a fun band from New York called High Waisted. 


Ava absolutely loved the show and requested a picture with the lead singer. As we were walking away, she turned to me and said "I'm a big fan of theirs." Her first official concert was definitely a success.


The weather was absolutely gorgeous, and we had a blast.





During the week, we also enjoyed lots of treats, naps, movies, and hanging out with family.






I was even able to squeeze in a day of work from the Austin office while Grampsie and Aunt RaRa entertained the kids. 



Another fun Austin Spring Break in the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive