Tuesday, May 29, 2018

An Interview with Rylan | Three

Since Rylan will be four in June, I finally got around to filming his three-year interview a few weeks ago. Better late than never! Also, I do think that most of his answers would have been the same a while back.

1. How old are you?

Three

2. What is your favorite color?

Blue

3. What is your favorite food?

Bananas

[He is a really good eater, although oftentimes doesn't want to sit still long enough to eat a full meal. Other favorite foods include applesauce squeezie pouches, milk, mac and cheese, tomatoes, apples, strawberries, PB&Js, cheeseburgers, "lenomade," broccoli, Bunny's "meat and noodles," yogurt smoothies, and hummus.]

4. What is your least favorite food?

Strawberries

[This is very odd, because he loves strawberries. I am really struggling to think of his least favorite food.]

5. What is your favorite treat?

Lollipops

6. Who is your best friend?

Liam

7. What is your favorite TV show?

Daniel Tiger

8. What is your favorite movie?

Musketeers

[The Three Musketeers. This is a recent favorite thanks to our new Disney movie channel subscription. Other favorites include The Sandlot and Big Hero Six. He also requests "Star Wars videos" at bedtime even though he hasn't yet seen the movies.]

9. What is your favorite book?

The Star Wars book

[5-Minute Star Wars Stories. Earlier in the year, there was a point where he requested Old MacDonald Had a Truck every single night.]

10. What is your favorite thing to do with Mom?

Having pictures

[I may or may not take a lot of photos ;)]

11. What is your favorite thing to do with Dad?

Playing

12. What is your favorite thing to do with Ava?

Playing

13. What is your favorite song?

Daisy

["Daisy, Daisy, give me an answer do. I'm half crazy all for my love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage. I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of my bicycle built for two." My mom used to sing this to us as kids, and both my kids have loved it as well. It is a frequent bedtime request.]

14. What are you really good at?

Baseball

15. What is your favorite holiday?

Presents

[Really any holiday that involves presents. At least the kid is honest.]

16. What is your favorite place to visit?

At Aunt Erin's house

[My friend Erin lives a few blocks over, and even though he has only been over there a few times, he clearly loves visiting.]

17. What is your favorite sport? 

Baseball

18. What is your favorite thing to do at school?

Play

19. If you could have one wish, what would you wish for?

Baseball

20. What do you want to be when you grow up?

A baseball player

[Do you sense a theme here? The boy is OBSESSED with baseball at the moment. He sleeps with a ball, bat, glove, and Rangers hat most nights.]

Here are the videos. [In three parts because I can't figure out how to combine them on YouTube.] I just love his sweet little voice. 




And also, for posterity's sake, I like to take a video of their room as it is at the time of the interview.





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive