Monday, June 25, 2018

Easter 2018

Since Easter fell so close to Spring Break this year, and we had just been down to Austin/San Antonio, we decided to enjoy a low-key holiday at home.

The kids and I had off on Good Friday, and we spent the afternoon decorating Easter eggs.









I found these adorable egg decorating kits at Target.



The kids loved them, and the eggs turned out even better than I had imagined.





On Saturday, two of Josh's college buddies were in town. We hung out at our house for a bit so the kids could run around, and then enjoyed some local Tex-Mex.



It was so fun hanging with these dudes. And Mark spent the night, so he got to enjoy the full day of Easter fun with us ;).

The kids woke up to their Easter baskets.









The Easter Bunny brought lots of goodies as well...









The Easter Bunny even included some Lego figurines in the eggs this year. Smart bunny.


Rylan's favorite part was definitely the "jella" beans.


After the candy appetizer, we rounded out our Easter morning with bunny pancakes. I am pretty proud of these. #PinterestAF


It was such a fun weekend, and I love that Mark captured a little bit of the holiday magic from an outside perspective. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive