Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Halloween 2018

This Halloween fell in the middle of the week, which is always kind of a bummer, but we still packed in a whole lot of fun.

My day started with room-mom duties at Rylan's school party.



Then I headed home to get ready for the Halloween party we co-hosted with our next-door neighbors. The original plan was to set up the party on our adjoining front lawns, but the weather had other plans. With steady rain all day, we made the call to move the party into our house. 





With the house ready to go, it was time to get into costume.

After watching all the Star Wars movies this summer, the kids chose Rey and Anakin as their costumes. No hot glue necessary this year!


I was very proud of the Rey hairdo. 


At the very last minute (Amazon Prime for the win!), Josh and I decided to join in on the Star Wars theme. We haven't dressed up in legit costumes since before the kids were born, and I'm so glad we did. This picture will forever make me happy. 


Our house was complete chaos during the party, but it was a blast. 






After hanging for a while, the whole crew headed out to trick-or-treat. As always, the block party on Vanderbilt didn't disappoint. 





Rey, her BB-8 bag, and her candy haul.


Another fun Halloween in the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive