Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Baby Boogers

Before having a child, I never thought I would devote an entire blog post to baby snot. But I also never thought I would happily use my shirt as a giant kleenex for said snot. So, there you go. 

With Ava in daycare, we have had more than our fair share of colds in the Shepherd household over the past few months. And while Josh and I (now that I am not breastfeeding/pumping) can take a plethora of cold remedies, Ava doesn't have that luxury. 

We have used the traditional method of saline drops followed by the bulb syringe, which definitely does the trick (once you realize that you have to be a bit more aggressive with the bulb syringe than you first thought). However, both are pretty intrusive, and Ava hates them! 

I have found two products recently that are a little less intrusive, and thus a little more tolerated by our little Boogs McGee. First, are these fabulous Boogie Wipes...
They contain saline to help with stuffiness (and those lovely crusted-on boogers) as well as chamomile, vitamin E, and aloe to moisturize delicate (and adorable) little noses. They come in a few scented varieties, but I stick with the unscented ones. Ava still doesn't love them, but she likes them a lot better than the saline drops. As a result, I heart them!

The second product is the NoseFrieda "Snot Sucker"....yes, I said snot sucker. But it is totally not as gross as it seems. I promise. 
This is how the website describes the product: "It's smart; it's Swedish; it's maybe a little strange; it's doctor invented and recommended; it's 100% hygienic due to the included filters; it's fabulously reviewed; and it's a nasal aspirator that ACTUALLY WORKS!" I think that basically sums it up. I like it because it is not as intrusive as the bulb syringe (because it barely goes in their nose) and it really does work. 

The combination of these two products has made for a much happier baby as well as less "bats in the cave" :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive