Sunday, July 15, 2012

Slow-Baked Tomatoes with Garlic and Rosemary

This is one of my favorite appetizers...not only because it is delicious, but also because it is ridiculously easy to make. I adapted this from a recipe found in the Better Homes and Gardens magazine, and it is definitely a crowd pleaser!

Ingredients:
  • 3 pints cherry tomatoes
  • 8-10 garlic cloves 
  • 4 rosemary sprigs
  • good olive oil
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 2 tsp course salt
First, put the cherry tomatoes in the bottom of a large baking dish (you can cut the recipe in half and make it in a 9 inch square dish).


Peel the garlic and slice in half (or in quarters if it is a really large clove). I love this handy garlic peeler that my Mom got me last year, which is made by Evelyn's Kitchen. You just put the garlic clove inside, roll over it with your hand, and out pops a peeled clove!




Put the sliced garlic cloves in with the tomatoes. Cut the rosemary sprigs in half or thirds depending on how long they are, and add them in as well. 


Pour in the olive oil until the tomatoes are covered. It is important to use a good olive oil. I really like this one made with Texas-grown olives.




Add the salt and pepper. 


And mix it all together. 



Cook at 325 for 45 minutes to an hour. The tomatoes will be nice and wilted, and your house will smell AMAZING!



**This is important...let them cool for about 10 minutes before serving. If not, you will burn your mouth on a tomato. You have been warned.**

Serve with crusty bread/crackers and cheese. Goat cheese and brie are two of my favorites.


Nom, nom, nom......

         

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive