Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Favorite Things: H.M.S. Victorious Chenin Blanc

Those of you who know me well know that I love me some wine! I normally prefer red wine, but I occasionally like to enjoy a nice cold glass of white wine...especially during the middle of a hot, Texas summer. However, I find most white wines to either be too fruity or too oaky. But I tried a new white wine the other day that was really, really good. 

It is a Chenin Blanc from South Africa called H.M.S. Victorious. 


It was the first Chenin Blanc as well as the first wine from South Africa that I had ever tried. Central Market had it on their special display a couple weeks ago, and it is described as follows: "A delicious and exuberantly fruity Chenin Blanc. Fresh, floral scents and clean tropical fruit flavors, showing hints of sweet pineapple, guava, and passion fruit balanced with a delicate apple crispness.  Rich, full-bodied mouthfeel followed by a lively, juicy finish." While this is fairly accurate, the wine is not as fruity as the description makes it seem. It is a crisp, clean white wine that isn't too dry and isn't too sweet. Which in my book makes it pretty perfect. As a bonus, I don't remember exactly how much it cost, but it was definitely under $15.


If you are a white wine fan, I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive