Monday, January 21, 2013

Busy Weekend

This weekend was fun, long, busy, and very productive!

On Friday, I tucked my sweet baby girl in and (once Josh got home from work) met up with two of my favorite friends for some wine, baby shower planning, and great conversation at Times Ten Cellars

Then we had a very productive Saturday and Sunday...we went to the mall, had a new mattress delivered (our Christmas present to each other...we are so old!), and took a much-needed trip to the grocery store. 


We cleaned and organized our bedroom as well as finally moved the newborn cradle to the garage (it had just been collecting clothes for quite some time now). Josh also tackled the project of putting up our curtains (that my Mom made) and bedside lights. 


While we have done a lot of work to our house in the last four years, we have barely touched our bedroom (except for the master closet remodel, which deserves its own post). We still need to get art/photos for the walls as well as new furniture (the people we bought the house from left most of their furniture, and even though most of it is not our style, it is all functional and FREE...so we have been slow to replace it all), but this is a great start!

Luckily, we didn't spend all weekend running errands/crossing off to-do items. Since the weather was so gorgeous, we spent most of Sunday afternoon hanging out at the park. Ava loved it!




Josh had to work today, but Ava and I both had a holiday and enjoyed a nice day relaxing at home. We headed back to the park for some more swinging and exploring.  



This look cracks me up!




Keeping the wood chips out of her mouth was quite a challenge. 


We also took her trike out for a spin today. 


Ava totally thought that she was driving it :). 


And we spotted some polka-dotted flamingos on the ride. Just a normal day in the neighborhood.


This weekend couldn't have been any more perfect. And now we just have a four-day work week ahead. Win!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive