Saturday, January 5, 2013

Under the Sea

On New Year's Eve, we took a family trip to the Grapevine Aquarium. Josh and Todd both had to work, but the rest of the Shepherd-Lockwood clan all ventured out in the cold and rain for the fun outing. 

They don't allow flash photography in the aquarium and it was really dark, but I still managed to get some cute, albeit blurry, pics from our little adventure...




I didn't notice until seeing these pictures that Ava's arm was up like this. Straight chillin in her sweet ride. 








The shark room (that doesn't currently have any sharks in it...go figure) had blue lights that made for some crazy pictures. 




And due to a strategically placed mirror, I even got in one picture. 


It was a really fun morning, but the aquarium was pretty small and didn't offer a large variety of animals. From what I've heard, the higher price for the Dallas World Aquarium is probably well worth it. 

However, we had such a great day with family, and I love this fun picture we took in front of a green screen. The fact that we got all the kids to look up at the same time is a miracle. 


After the aquarium, we all went to Fuddruckers for lunch. Ava even had her first restaurant food...a grilled cheese. To say she loved it would be a huge understatement!

We managed to keep Ava awake on the car ride home (thanks to Papa), but then she fought taking a nap despite how exhausted she was. 

She would even rest her head on the edge of the crib...but still never fell asleep.  


Sweet baby. She had such a big day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive