Saturday, March 15, 2014

Second Sunday Brunch Bunch: Taverna

For the March edition of the Second Sunday Brunch Bunch, we visited Taverna. I have been to Taverna more times than I can count, including for brunch; however, this was my first time visiting the new Dallas location. 


The group started with some very translucent bellinis and mimosas (and an OJ for me). 


As always, we clearly had to order the Chef's Focaccia for the table. Very tasty, enough for a group to share, and only $4. It's a no brainer. 


Sarah ordered the the Buffalo Mozzarella Caprese off the lunch menu to start. She may have licked the plate clean :). 


She and Jill also split the Breakfast Calzone. This off-menu item can be filled with pretty much whatever you want, and the girls had our waiter pick the fillings. With eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, mushrooms, onions, and other things I am forgetting, it didn't disappoint. But their favorite part was the marinara sauce. It was amazing…and one container was not enough. 


But I don't blame them…this thing was HUGE. We had to take a shot with Erin's hands in the frame to really put it into perspective.


Speaking of Erin, she ordered the Taverna Frittata, one of her favorite breakfast dishes. 


And I ordered the Vanilla French Toast, which is served with fruit and mascarpone. I love their french toast…it's classic and delicious. 


But clearly that was not enough food for this preggo. I had to add a side of bacon and a side of breakfast potatoes. The baby was hungry. 
Taverna (as with all the Lombardi restaurants) always delivers a solid brunch, and this time was no exception. 

I also really like the new location (on Knox right next to Toulouse). It is bigger and has way more patio space, which I will be happy to take advantage of once the weather gets warmer. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive