Monday, March 24, 2014

Spring Break 2014 (AKA Camp Grandma)

Ava's school was closed for Spring Break a couple weeks ago, and since I have to save up vacation days for my upcoming maternity leave, Grammie and Bunny came to the rescue. 

Grammie came in town first and took care of Ava on Monday and Tuesday. They had fun taking advantage of Daylight Savings and the extra hours of sunshine to explore the neighborhood.  


I took off on Wednesday, and we joined the Lockwoods for had a fun morning at the Perot Museum.  We haven't been since last April, and Ava was way more into it this time around. 

We spent most of our time in the Children's Museum, and Ava loved following her cousins' lead as they explored all the different play areas. 






 I can't handle the cuteness of this photo. Sweet Jack held Ava's hand all the way outside. 



We tried to get a group shot before leaving, but that is nearly impossible with four little ones. It's pretty darn cute nonetheless. 


After leaving the museum, Ava and I made a stop at Josh's office to eat lunch. He was so happy that we had time for the visit, and she couldn't stop talking about "Dada's office" for the rest of the day. 


My Mom arrived Wednesday night, and she took over Ava duty for Thursday and Friday. Due to the beautiful weather, they spent most of their time at the park, which was just fine with Ava. 


Can you tell by this video how much fun she had on the seesaw?!


Thanks so much to both Grandmas for helping out over the break. Ava loved every minute of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive