Monday, August 10, 2015

Austin Trip

Alternate Title: Rylan Gives My Family the Plague

I had a work event in Austin a few weeks ago, so the kids tagged along and we headed down early to enjoy the weekend as well.

Due to the crazy-hot weather, Rylan and Ava spent a good deal of time in the pool.




Ava also discovered a whole chest full of old dress-up clothes. She makes for a very cute little unicorn.


Before my crazy work week started, I got to meet up with friends for two separate meals over the weekend. First, a fabulous tapas meal with Lolly at Barlata


Thanks to my Mom for the recommendation. The food (and sangria) was great, the atmosphere was fun, and the little hand-drawn cheese card was hilariously cute.


Then I joined Lauren for a lovely brunch at St. Philip, which was another great spot. 

BFF + bubbles + bruleed french toast + brisket hash = love. 


After brunch, Ava joined us for some mani-pedis. 


She definitely shares my love for this activity.


My Dad kept the kids on Monday (all by himself for most of the day...bless him). And then I joined after work for a family dinner. It was extra special because my grandparents were in town from Arizona and my Dad's brothers were both able to join as well. 

This was the first time BB and Gayle had met Rylan (and only the second time they had seen Ava). I can't tell you how much I love this picture.











It was such a fun evening. And these pictures would be even sweeter if they weren't taken of the moments when Rylan likely passed along his stomach bug plague.

Ry had been a little sick to this stomach the Thursday night before we headed to Austin, but he was fine the next morning and Ava and I didn't get sick, so I thought for sure he wouldn't be contagious by Sunday. That was a terrible assumption, because several family members came down with severe stomach bugs. Luckily, everyone recovered after a couple days. But it is a good thing he is so cute!


After being gone for five days, we came home to this...


 I think Josh missed us :).


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive