Saturday, June 9, 2012

Ava - Four Months

Ava turned four-months old last weekend, and I feel like she acts a lot older than she did a month ago. My Mom came up the last couple weekends, and she raves about how Ava is such a good baby...especially compared to all four of her children :). 

The poor baby caught a pretty nasty cold at daycare, which developed into a lovely eye infection. As a result, she didn't sleep very well for a few weeks (it is hard to sleep when you can't breath very well), which was pretty rough on her Mom as well. But I keep telling myself that she is developing good immunities for later in life. 

Ava wants to put everything in her mouth, and she is quite the drool machine. I wouldn't be surprised if some teeth start popping up soon. She has also become such a little wiggle worm. She rolls around and grabs her feet constantly. It is tough to keep her still on the changing table, but it is so cute at the same time.

Below are the pictures from Ava's four-month photo shoot. I think she looks pretty much the same as last month...just a little bit bigger. I totally forgot to put her pink teddy bear next to her this month...oops!


Four-Month Stats:
  • Weight - 15 pounds, 5 ounces (90th percentile)
  • Height - 26 5/8 in. (off the charts!)
  • Head Size - 16 1/4 cm. (50th percentile)
Likes:
  • Ava still loves going on walks, and she doesn't fall asleep as fast now. She looks around more and seems so interested in everything going on around her. I'm sad that it is getting so hot outside, because it is hard to take walks during the work week without going super late...and by that time it is too close to Ava's bedtime. Fall weather can't get here soon enough!
  • She loves feeling things with different textures. I think her favorite thing to feel (and by feel I mean grab really hard) is Louie's fur...it is a good thing he doesn't mind!
  • Ava really enjoys being sung to. Her current favorite songs are "The Hokey Pokey" (sung by her Dad) and all the Camp Mystic songs I sing to her :).  
  • She loves reading books, and often talks as you turn to a new page. Here she is reading "Pat the Bunny" with her Bunny.

Dislikes:
  • These are not really dislikes, but Ava is definitely much less interested in hanging out in the Nap Nanny and on her playmat. 
  • Through her recent cold, I have learned that Ava hates us messing with her nose, including wiping it, using saline drops, and especially using the bulb syringe! 
Milestones:
  • As I mentioned in last month's post, Ava rolled over from her tummy to her back three days after she turned three-months old. It was really fun because she did it for the first time when my Mom and Charlotte were in town. We cheered so loud, and you could tell she was really proud of herself.  That next Monday, I mentioned it to her daycare teacher, who told me that she had also rolled over from her back to her tummy. I didn't really believe her, but sure enough, I saw Ava do it that weekend...and she has been constantly rolling over ever since. It is really hard to keep her on her back, and we usually find her on her tummy in her crib in the morning. In fact, now that she has mastered this skill, I rarely see her roll back on to her back....despite the fact that she gets frustrated on her tummy. I guess this will take a bit more practice :).
  • Ava has been laughing even more, and she loves playing peek-a-boo. Especially with her Dad!
  • She grabs her feet when she is laying on her back. I haven't managed to get a picture yet, but I did snap this one of her reaching for them while she was sitting on Josh's lap.
  • Ava's legs are getting stronger, and she loves to stand up on our laps.  
  • She started using her Jumparoo and Exersaucer (thanks, Tori!) last month (with the assistance of a blanket or small pillow behind her back). She is very intrigued by them.

(I love the concerned look on her face in this one.)

  • Last, but certainly not least, Ava got her first freckle :). It is in the middle of her back right above her diaper line. 
Funny/Random Tidbits:
  • Yet another thing I have not caught on camera yet is Ava's cute new grin. It is different than the open-mouth smile...rather, she keeps her lips together and her adorable cheeks seem even bigger. It is what I like to call her "big girl smile." 
  • The hair on the back of Ava's head is finally long enough where it doesn't stick up in the air most of the time....which is a trait she got from her father. Please see Exhibit A:

Some more of my favorite pictures of Ava from last month...

Ava loves her Dad so much!


Louie is still very interested in everything Ava is doing. It is so sweet!


Our little swimmer :). 


What is that, Mom?


Go Frogs!


Hanging with Mom at her 30th birthday party.


She is such a happy baby!


I could stare at this sweet face for hours!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive