Sunday, June 10, 2012

Second Sunday Brunch Bunch - Tillman's Roadhouse



Tillman's Roadhouse is one of my favorite restaurants in Dallas. It also has one of my favorite meals...their chicken fried steak (the key being that it is made with really good steak) with mashed potatoes, gravy, and bacon-flavored green beans...delicious!  It is located in the hip Bishop Art's District and has such an eclectic vibe inside. For example, they have chandeliers hanging from the ceiling juxtaposed with wooden deer heads on the wall. 


But I had never been there for brunch before today. 

The first thing they brought out for the table was homemade kettle-style chips. It was a bit odd since it was brunch time, but I think they were more for the folks who were there having lunch. Regardless...they were really good and nice to munch on while sipping on some mimosas. 


Speaking of, we ordered a bunch of mimosas. They were pretty standard, but they were also only $3 (however, they are only $2 at the Ft. Worth location, and I don't appreciate the mark-up just because we are in Dallas). They also had $5 bloody mary's and "vampiras"...which are bloody mary's made with tequila and jalapeƱo. However, we were all scared off from ordering one after the waiter described them as "a serious drink for a Sunday morning."


Rachel and I also ordered some coffee, which we both agreed was an excellent cup of joe.


We ordered the Mini Monkey Bread for the table, which was truly amazing. It comes with a caramel sauce and cream cheese frosting on top. According to Erin, they were "warm, gooey, and delicious, with a slightly crunchy sugary shell." This picture definitely doesn't do it justice.


Jill and Rachel both ordered the Sunday Stuffed Omelette, which was filled with goat cheese, avocado, and tomatoes. Jill added bacon to hers (good call!). They both agreed that there was too much egg and not enough filling (and Jill would rather have the veggies mixed in with the egg), but the veggies were really fresh. 


Erin got the egg sandwich, which came with fruit. She said the bread was really good. And even though the bacon could have been crispier, it came with "pretty and yummy avocado" :). 


Sarah and I definitely won the ordering game. We both got the chile relleno, which was stuffed with scrambled eggs, pulled pork, and oaxacan cheese and topped with poblano gravy.  As Sarah put it..."Dude. It was amazing!"


Sarah also said that I really won the ordering game because I got the chile-spiced breakfast potatoes on the side. They even came with homemade ketchup. Basically, my meal was really, really delicious!


Overall, we had a great time, but the food was a bit hit-or-miss...which was kind of disappointing. But I will definitely be back for my chicken fried steak!



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive