Sunday, October 13, 2013

Escuela Nueva

Ava switched to a new daycare at the beginning of September, and I couldn't be happier with the transition. While there were many positive things about her old school (including incredibly sweet teachers, cheap tuition, and an ideal location), I was concerned about the level of education it would offer once she reached preschool age.

In researching other options, I discovered a Spanish immersion preschool/daycare very close to our house. As a Spanish major and firm believer in the benefits of learning multiple languages, this was a very intriguing option. In addition to the unique Spanish immersion factor, I heard fabulous things about the school in general. 

So, despite my fears of separating Ava from the only teachers and friends she had ever known, we made the decision to move her to the new school. And we figured it was better to do it sooner rather than later. 

Here is Ava on her first day. I was waaay more nervous than she was.


It took no time at all for Ava to adjust to her new school, teachers, and classmates (although she still asks about her old friends sometimes). And because the teachers at her old school spoke Spanish on a regular basis, the language immersion hasn't been an issue. In fact, her teachers report that she appears to understand everything they say. So cool. 

I absolutely love her new school. The teachers and staff are super organized and communicative, and they send Ava home with detailed reports every day. In addition, they e-mail us pictures on a regular basis...




It is so much fun to see her "in action," and it means the world to this working mama. 

Another thing that confirmed we had made the right decision...the packet of art projects they sent home after Ava's first month. Love. 


Buen trabajo, mi hija. Te amo. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive