Sunday, October 27, 2013

Fair Day 2013

October is one of my favorite months for many reasons, including the fact that the State Fair of Texas is open for business. Ava was too young to really enjoy the Fair last year, so we were really excited to see her reaction this year. 

After making the almost hour-long trek from the parking lot located in what felt like Oklahoma (we were spoiled last year with a friend's fantastic parking pass), Josh, Ava, Jill, and I met up with the Arnolds in front of the brand new Big Tex. 


Ava and Henry really enjoyed their second annual Fair date :).


And Ava really, really loved her first Fletcher's corny dog. 


After one bite, Ava stole my corny dog and barely let me have any more. But I don't blame her. Those things are damn good.


The Arnolds got in on the corny dog action as well. 



We also tried out this year's award-winning "Cuban Roll." It was amazing. 


After a little stroll down the midway...


It was time to see if the kids were tall enough for any of the rides... 



Success! 

The swings seemed like the best option. And even though Ava wasn't exactly sure what to think at first, she was loving it by the end.





But the petting zoo was by far her favorite part of the trip.








Ava would get upset when the goats wouldn't come eat her food. She would yell "goooooat!" in hopes of inciting them.



Finally, a hungry goat.


And then one came by and ate all her food....cup and all.


And with that, our 2013 Fair Day came to a close. 

With fun memories and stomachs full of fried food, we hopped on the tram in hopes of eventually making it back to our car.


1 comment:

  1. Loved this. Love Y'all. Love Ava. Love everything. Fair 2014.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive