Monday, October 7, 2013

Quick Trip to Austin

The weekend after Labor Day, Josh headed to Georgia for Q's bachelor party, so Ava and I decided to make a quick trip down to Austin. 

In addition to visiting my family, it was the perfect time to spend a much needed day in my firm's Austin office. I could definitely get used to the view there...


Ava had a wonderful time hanging out at Bunny and Nello's house while I was at work. She particularly enjoyed the wheelbarrow rides. 



They also put Ava to work watering the flowers. Although I don't know how much water actually ended up on the flowers. 







We also spent some time at Grampsie and Nana's house (and by house, I mean the apartment they are staying in while their new house is being built). Ava was so excited to see them as well as her Aunt Bee and Aunt Rara. 







We capped off the night with a trip to Maudie's, because I couldn't leave Austin without tasting their cheese enchiladas. The skinny margarita totally balanced out the meal, right?!


And in case you were wondering, Josh had a wonderful weekend as well. I mean...



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive